Now Foods, Amaranth Grain Organic, 1 LB
Product Overview : Now Foods, Amaranth Grain Organic, 1 LB
- Proud to Be Family Owned Since 1968
- Sweet and Nutty Flavor
- Complete Protein & Good Source of Fiber
- Organic Ancient Grain
- Gluten Free Goodness
- USDA Organic
- Non GMO Project Verified
- Certified Organic by QAI
Along with buckwheat and quinoa, amaranth is one of the few plant sources to offer a complete set of amino acids, making it a rare plant source of complete protein. It's naturally gluten-free and a good source of fiber. Our organic amaranth has a mild flavor that's both sweat and nutty, and it's perfect as a hot cereal era baked goods and granola.
1 cup of NOW Real Food® Organic Amaranth.
2 1/2 cups of water.
1) Rinse organic amaranth thoroughly under cold running water.
2) Combine amaranth and water into a pot.
3) Bring to a boil then cover with tight fitting lid.
4) Reduce heat to low and allow amaranth by simmer for 20 minutes or until grains are fluffy and water absorbs.
**Tip: If you would like to turn this mixture to an amaranth porridge add another 1/2 cup of water and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
|Serving Size: About 1/4 cup (47 g)|
|Servings Per Container: About 10|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||3.5 g||4%|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g||3%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||31 g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g||11%|
|Total Sugars||1 g|
|Includes 0 g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vit. D||0 mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Organic whole grain amaranth.