“Tis the season for cookies! And candy! And all of kinds of festive sweets and tempting treats. But, with a little help from trusted brands like Pure Encapsulation and some revised recipes for holiday favorites, you can enjoy the holidays without sacrificing your health and weight goals.
Products like Pure Encapsulation 7-Keto DHEA 100 mg can help you navigate the high-calorie holidays. But you can also find lots of healthy KETO recipes that will look and taste great on your holiday table. You can even make KETO-friendly cookies and give the give the gift of health and wellness to your family – and to any family and friends you exchange cookies with this time of year.
Happy and Healthy Holidays
“The ketogenic diet (or keto diet, for short) is a low carb, high fat diet that offers many health benefits,” Healthline says. “In fact, many studies show that this type of diet can help you lose weight and improve your health (1Trusted Source).”
Known to promote the development of lean muscle mass, effective fat burning and improved thyroid function, 7-Keto DHEA from Pure Encapsulations is a powerful tool and it is available in a variety of strengths:Pure Encapsulations 7-Keto DHEA 25 mg
Pure Encapsulations 7-Keto DHEA 50 mg
Pure Encapsulation 7-Keto DHEA 100 mg
And if baking cookies is part of your holiday tradition, you can find lots of great holiday recipes for Keto Christmas Cookies, including:
This recipe is for sugar-free, gluten-free sugar cookies that will be buttery and soft.
- 1 3/4 cups superfine blanched almond flour , measured correctly (spoon & sweep) plus more as needed
- 1/4 cup coconut flour , measured correctly (spoon & sweep)
- 2/3 cup powdered monk fruit sweetener , can also sub with powdered coconut sugar for paleo
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , cut into 1/2-inch pieces - softened
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese softened, can also sub with KiteHill vegan cream cheese for paleo
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment turned to low speed, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, and salt together until combined.
- Turn the mixer to medium, then add the butter, 1 cube at a time, and mix until the dough looks crumbly and slightly wet about 2 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese, vanilla and almond extract and beat for another 30-60 seconds until the dough just begins to form large clumps, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Gather dough with hands and knead just until it sticks together (add 1 tablespoon of almond flour at a time as needed if dough seems too wet). Shape into a disc and wrap in plastic. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 35 minutes (or up to 2 days).
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside. When ready to roll, remove and unwrap dough disc from the fridge.
- Place a large piece of parchment paper on a flat surface. Place dough in the center. Place another large parchment paper on top of the dough and using your rolling pin, roll into 1/4 inch thickness (1/8 inch for thinner cookies). Place the cookie dough sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cookie dough sheet from the freezer and remove the top parchment paper. Cut into shapes with cutters of your choice. Place cut cookies on lined baking sheets, about 1 inch apart then place in the freezer again for 10 minutes (to prevent spreading). Repeat with any scraps.
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Bake cookies, one sheet at a time, on the middle rack for 13-17 minutes, rotating the pan halfway, or until edges are light golden brown (do not overbake).
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 15 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack until cool. (cookies will continue to bake & harden)
- Frost or decorate cookies as desired.
Keto Icing (optional)
- 1/2 cup powdered monk fruit sweetener (Swerve or erythritol)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream OR coconut cream
- almond milk or lemon juice, as needed to reach desired consistency
In a medium bowl, combine the powdered sweetener with coconut cream until smooth. Add almond milk or lemon juice as needed to desired consistency.
Happy Holidays and best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year from all of us at Hi Life Vitamins, your source for exceptional products from Pure Encapsulations, Rainbow Light Vitamins, TwinLab, Bluebonnet and more!
Share this post
- Tags: Pure Encapsulation